Collection and use of information
The websites alert.sa.gov.au, cfs.sa.gov.au, eso.sa.gov.au, mfs.sa.gov.au, sacfsvolunteer.org.au, safecom.sa.gov.au, sasesvolunteer.org.au and ses.sa.gov.au are operated by the South Australia Emergency Services Sector (ESS) in compliance with the Government of South Australia’s Information Privacy Principles (IPPS), a copy of which can be obtained on the Department of the Premier and Cabinet website.
These websites collect and uses the following information from users:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you access
- Documents you download
- Type of browser you use.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed to determine the site's usage statistics.
The ESS websites retain the email address (and other details) of people who use any contact or feedback forms so that we can send a response. These details will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
Such information may or may not be personal information for the purpose of the IPPs. Nonetheless, you consent to the use of this information to establish ownership of the material and to enable site administrators to contact content owners, to confirm (or not) the website registration and advise them of the link being published on these sites. The information is then kept for contact purposes in the course of monitoring site currency.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs.
Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.
The ESS websites and the Government of South Australia are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is stored on or passing through these sites. The Government of South Australia agencies and instrumentalities are responsible for the privacy and security of information collected by, stored on or passing through their own websites.
You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should use these sites. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from and transacting business with the Government of South Australia for those users who do not wish to use the internet.
These sites contains links to a large number of other websites that are included on the basis of containing content relevant to the South Australian community, business or government. When a user clicks on a link to another website, they leave these sites and this privacy and security statement no longer applies.
The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis you carefully read the information provided.
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic and user behaviour on all ESS websites. Personal information is not recorded as part of this process. However, if you wish to prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics you can install a browser add-on.
The Government of South Australia supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information, and endorses the use of Creative Commons Licenses by its agencies.
With the exception of the Piping Shrike emblem, images, and other material or devices protected by a trademark and subject to review by the Government of South Australia at all times, the content of this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Australia Attribution 4.0 Licence. All other rights are reserved.
Where specific licence terms (such as Creative Commons) are applied to pages of this website, or to any material or products on this website, those licence terms shall prevail over any inconsistent provisions in this statement.
The Government of South Australia has undertaken reasonable enquiries to identify material owned by third parties and secure permission for its reproduction. Permission may need to be obtained from third parties to reuse their material.
Additional terms for use of material
When using content from this website that is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence you are required to attribute the work in the manner specified in the licence (but not in any way that suggests that the Government of South Australia endorses you or your use of the work) and the Government of South Australia requires that you use the following form of attribution.
The Government of South Australia, >>title of works<<, sourced on >>insert date the content was sourced<<, >>insert URL<<
The Government of South Australia, About emergency services, sourced on 15 August 2023, https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/emergencies-and-safety/emergency-services
State emblems and insignia
For information about the state's official emblems and insignia see Emblems and insignia.
Use the contact form to make an enquiry about the use of material on this website, SA.GOV.AU.
If you reached this page from another government website, please return to that site and use the contact details provided there.
- Use of the information and data contained within this site or these pages is at your sole risk.
- If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
- This site includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
- All linked websites are linked 'as is' and the Government of South Australia:
- Does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this site
- Does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this site
- Does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world
- Does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this site to those other websites.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this site you do so at your own risk.
- The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice. The Government of South Australia may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this page.
- The Government of South Australia, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
- Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site
- Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this site or any linked website into another language
- Make no representations as to the availability of the site and the availability of websites linked from or to the site
- Accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data)
- Make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose
- Accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this site or its use or any website linked to this site
- Do not represent or warrant that applications or payments initiated through this site will in fact be received or made to the intended recipient. Users are advised to confirm the application or payment by other means.