Wear Orange Wednesday (WOW Day) is a national day of recognition to say ‘thank you’ to all SES volunteers across Australia.
This year WOW Day will be celebrated on Wednesday 22 May 2024.
On WOW Day we encourage communities across Australia to wear orange and thank all SES volunteers who generously give their time to help communities during floods, storms and emergencies.
What to do before WOW Day
- Plan a WOW Day morning tea or casual dress day at your workplace to say thank you to SES volunteers
- Organise to light up your workplace in orange light on May 22
- Encourage friends and family to wear something orange on May 22
- Pick out some orange clothes to wear on Wednesday May 22
What to do on WOW Day
- Wear something orange in colour
- Take a photo of yourself and your colleagues wearing orange and post it to social media using the hashtag #ThankYouSES
- Host a WOW Day morning tea
- Bake something orange
- Light up your home or workplace in orange lights
- Say thank you to a SES volunteer
Thank you to all the SES volunteers across Australia who work all year round to protect us and our most vulnerable. We thank you for saving lives and protecting communities.
Visit our SES Volunteer Registration page to register your interest in becoming an SES volunteer in South Australia.
National Volunteer Week
WOW Day is celebrated during ‘’National Volunteer Week’’.
In 2024, ’National Volunteer Week‘ will be held on
20 May to 26 May 2024
’National Volunteer Week’ is celebrated across Australia to acknowledge the generous contribution that all Australian volunteers make in their communities. The theme for ’National Volunteer Week’ 2023 is ‘Something for Everyone’". Let’s come together during National Volunteer Week, embracing this theme to showcase the vast spectrum of possibilities and the transformative impact that emerges when everyone finds their meaningful role in making a difference.
During National Volunteers Week, join us in celebrating the valuable contributions of all volunteers across Australia.
Visit the Volunteering Australia, National Volunteer Week page to learn more about the week.